Pages

2014-07-19

M15 FNM @ Majestix

Jack, Alexander, & I went to Majestix in Costa Mesa for Friday Night Magic M15 Draft.

We started out holding hands with Garruk--this picture does not really capture the passion.


We bought a new mat  for Jack--I got my old mat back, which is considered by many to be the worlds worst mat 



I am still digging my dice



Though they betrayed me on the first game with a three! SHAME!



First I played Joseph.



I got my Jace out early game one & one the match 2-0.






I was playing in the wrong Pod--my first FNM rule violation. Basically, Jack & I got our names mixed up--I drafted in Pod 2 and Played in Pod 3. Jack drafted in Pod 3 and Played in Pod 2. For whatever reason we did not realize this until AFTER the first match--so things were kind of hard to correct. We decided to just play on, but I am curious if there is a formally correct answer to this mistake.

Game two I was crushed in the Mirror by a much better player. He also had a much better deck--I went into Blue after I got Jace--I was trying to draft WR until then.






Alexander and Jack made me a custom Spirit Token which totally rules.



Round three I played Xander--who had this amazing token generating mono white deck. I lost game one which took 20 minutes. Game two took 30 minutes & I won--so we drew game three. Xander got two packs which was awesome.






Also, Alexander got disciplined by the shop owner for asking someone if they wanted to buy his Nissa for $20. You can trade cards, but you cannot offer cash at this store. Not sure if that is a universal rule or not, but clearly something we did not know.



It was officially rule number four.


No comments:

Post a Comment