Pages

2013-09-26

Murder in Baldur’s Gate--D&D Encounters S15 S7

 

Another great week of D&D Encounters at Dice House in Fullerton.

This week DM Michael could not make it so DM Gerard had to deal with a combined table of 10 players. He did an amazing job of keeping the story going while setting up a player versus player type duel situation--there was still some great investigation and other role playing.

This is the best encounter season we have played since at Dark Sun--it is just face moving, funny, and almost identical to a 'real' home game type situation. I am really loving it & would love to tell WotC but with the current state of their forums I am afraid to try.




 Snaggletooth was player of the week, with his constant refrain of "you suck"! I think he dead panned this to just about every single player at one point or another--just fantastic & funny...


 The Opposite Fence was strong and having a blast--V2 spent his time firing Magic Missile at my PC, Doctor Druid, for no apparent reason--I responded by Storm Spiking the guard that had him restrained.

Very fun!

Other guy, bought a flying carpet! Really good stuff.


Brian was distracted and spent much of the week playing Thick as a Brick by Jethro Tull--which really is as good as you remember.


The table was very crowded, but DM Gerard was high energy and kept things moving quickly--a really awesome textbook job of improvisational DM'ing--this kid is very good.



I captured the entire event on video and got some great photos of some of the players dice--these red Baldur's Gate's D20's are really awesome.


Even with 10 players and a DM and a visitor at the table, I really felt like I had enough space.


I continue to take good notes on our sessions.


We did get Mini's and maps out for the dueling section of the Encounter. That is me, Doctor Druid, surrounded by Guard Tokens and some other PC's watching as a Halfling Firework Salesman kicks my ass.




 It was another 'big map' encounter which I really do think work much better for encounters--players have more freedom, DM's have more room to adjust, and the fights just seem to flow more smoothly.



Here are my notes as I try sketching a Bhalspawn Skull tied with rope onto a giant frog. I am not the best artist, so I will contact the Crit Juice crew and see if I can get this commissioned. 


and a second attempt.



but I was really going for something more spooky like this, but more cartoony & with old rope connecting the two.



A very fun week was had by all & I cannot wait for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment